Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Lesson 2 Part 3 Challenge Word

I'm an Word Perfect girl who got used to the ribbon quickly because it reminded me of my junior Business Skill class where computers were the new tool and we still learned how to fax (just in case they said). Word is a tool like any other and I've seen some easier to use functions especially the template features that now groups resume templates differently. For informational flyers, I use the PowerPoint template as provided by the Marketing Team (go Marketing) and then I save it as a jpeg, move it into word, and create 4X4 flyers to hand out to patrons. I print about 5 of the originals in color and attach a copy to the event listing in our locations Outlook entry. I also try to email our staff the Trumba entry and the flyers in Word so they can be aware of upcoming events and print out more flyers if needed. I understand you didn't mention PowerPoint yet but that's a Microsoft feature I use more often for flyer creation.

No comments: